Friday, July 16, 2010

VBS 2010

Our church held VBS this summer and I was recruited to do Arts and Crafts with the kiddos. Our theme was Treasure Hunt. To see their smiling faces everyday was such a blessing. It helped that they loved going to Arts and Crafts everyday. VBS also has a special place in my heart because that was how sweet hubby got saved as a youngster. His best friend down the street invited him to their church's VBS and the rest is history as it goes. Back then they sent a bus around and just picked up all the kids in the neighborhood. Nowadays, we had to get all kinds of clearances along with registration forms but well worth it for all involved. But I digress...

Seek ye first the kingdom
Here were some of the decorations that we all pitched in from our homes




Each group names

A very talented member did these maps



My favorite group because they kept me on my toes with their NEED of approval!

Cutie Alert!

Always ready to strike a pose
Making treasure chests







Love this independent age group...always eager and on the ball! Well, except for one cutie patootie. They were learning their memory verses in the classroom next to mine so everyday I would bribe them with Jolly Ranchers to recite them back to me. I won't reveal who this particular young lady(third one from the right) but after she finished reciting her verse, I asked her where it was found, she responded "next door" with a grin on her face! By far my favorite and most memorable moment from VBS!
The good ole pony beads cross...I never want to see another bead again ever!



Proud Hunters
Silly Hunter
Such sweet faces...I can't believe I used to teach this age!

Worshiping
Memorizing verses through sign language

Our crew of kids and volunteers
She went with me everyday and stayed in the nursery and skipped her morning naps so this was the end of each day. Not sure how she will do in MDO this Fall. Oh, let's not worry about that today!

No comments: