Friday, November 21, 2008

Three Years and still going strong

November 19th was our anniversary and boy was it different this year. First, Patrick had to go out of town on business so we celebrated the weekend before. In the past, we would go off for a weekend getaway, usually to a bed and breakfast somewhere in Fredericksburg, our favorite spot in the Hill Country. But with a new baby, we were doing good to get a baby sitter for a movie and dinner. So while my mom watched Caris, we went to see the movie Fireproof and loved it! For those of you who hadn't seen it, I highly recommend it. Kirk Cameron, from "Growing Pains" and the Left Behind book series, did an excellent job in this movie. This movie did a good job in portraying God's faithfulness in restoring marriages and how to protect the institution of marriage against different factors that may influence and destroy marriages in our society. But I digress...so our anniversary was different this year in the fact that we weren't together. Also, since we were kind of tight on the budget this month and with Christmas coming up, we decided to write each other love letters instead of buying each other gifts. My husband wrote the most beautiful three page letter to me that reaffirm why I married this man. Our marriage, like any other, has not been perfect but I have a husband that always wants to go back to the bible as a reference point. Patrick's desire to follow Christ first and foremost, then his desire to be a Godly husband and father to Caris blesses me beyond words! This anniversary was low key than the others but it was the best one yet because we just let our hearts do the talking and we know that the best is yet to come! I LOVE YOU husband of mine!!!
Dinner at Perry's Steakhouse. Check out P's Cowboy Rib Eye. I had a Surf and Turf Kabob with Steak Medallions, Lobster, and Shrimp. We splurged a little but it was worth it!

1 comment:

The Junods said...

Yay! What a great post! So happy to hear about such a blessed anniversary for yall. What a treat getting that special letter from Pat. You both are such incredible Christians. I'm encouraged by your faithfulness! We love you. May God bless many more years!