This year I went to a Christmas Cookie Exchange at our church. I've never considered myself much of a baker. Something always turns out burned, dry or tough...well, you get the idea. Anyway, I decided to try my dear friend Wendi's Ewee Goees recipe. In my mind, I was making something just to bring to the event. I didn't know there would be door prizes. Funny thing was when they were describing the door prize for most different or "original" tasting, I thought is that good or bad? Well, as it turned out they chose my Ewee Goees cookie bars for the honor!
On a serious note, I found out some awesome news at this event. We've been bonding with a couple from our church, Dean & Bea. One reason is their son, Doug, just got married to a Vietnamese girl named Nhu. I don't think they would mind me sharing that I had a conversation with Nhu at the Cookie Exchange and she told me she had accepted Christ into her heart! I was so excited and asked if her husband or her in-laws knew. She told me she didn't know because of the language barrier. Well, I had to tell her husband and mother in law the great news...Bea said that was the best Christmas present! Welcome to the body of Christ, Nhu! God is so good and faithful...






1 comment:
Wow that's awesome! So neat that you could help with Nhu and her family. You were a blessing to them. And what exciting news to hear she's a Believer and Sister!! I cannot believe you won the award! That's awesome! You obviously did a great job! yum...i want some!
Post a Comment