For the last week or so I've been hanging on to the verse in James 1:2-4 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." These verses are easy to read when you are not going through trials. But one thing I know to be true, is that God's word is real and His promises are true. While my flesh did not want to believe this, I know in my spirit this was what I was going through.
To begin with, as this year was winding down we were looking at our budget and it was not a pretty picture. Not to mention the fact that Christmas was on the way, we had foreseen the hospital bills from having a baby this fall but then there other unforeseen bills that arose. Last week our water heater leaked and the way in which it happened we had to replace it with a brand new one. In the same week I had to be admitted into the hospital for minor surgery due to an infection from nursing my baby. As if the financial burden wasn't enough, the hardest part for me was the decision to put Caris on formula. As a first time mother, I had so many expectations. I think it comes from having a child later in life and being in a position to plan and knowing what you want and wanting your child to have the best that you can offer. All that included getting the appropriate pre-natal care, having a natural birth, and breastfeeding because it's the best thing for their growth and development. Well, looking back, achieving one out of three isn't bad...I have to look at it with some sense of humor because that's what happens when you try to tell God your plans. I've had to let go so many times since my baby has been born. Let go and realize the fact that Caris is His child and He loves her so much more than I or her Daddy ever could. It tore me to pieces to even be away from her in the hospital for 24 hours. But here I am as I write this post, I can truly count it all joy because I can trust in the author and perfecter of my faith and He will complete in me what He started. Praise God for caring enough to teach me about patience and building my character rather than living a life without trials.
Okay, enough about my mini-sermon. As I said, I had to be in the hospital for one day and I came back to a baby that decided she wanted all of a sudden sleep on her side. I've been working with her for several weeks to roll over but to no avail, she didn't want to have anything to do with it. So below are some fun pics of her and bonding time with Daddy while Mommy is still recuperating from my surgery.
This is how she likes to sleep now. Not to worry, she can still breathe.






2 comments:
I never had to be hospitalized for nursing, but i had so many infections. All for our babies' health! We just had to get a new thermostat, a new water heater, and our roof is questionable. I feel your pain, and I'm sorry for the trials. Love the Cmas photo!
Oh my goodness, the picture of Caris talking with Daddy is adorable. I have one like that of Gabby when she was little and I think those pictures are so sweet!
Post a Comment