So this was Caris' first Easter. Hubby and I had to talk about what all we wanted to instill in Caris regarding the meaning of Easter. We wanted her to know that Easter was about The Lamb and the sacrifice Jesus made for us and not about the Easter Bunny. To be honest, I've always hated, yes, I hated all things that has to do with bunnies. It all goes back to when I was a child and watched this scary movie about these ugly, beady eyes, furry animals that grew so big, I'm talking about "ginormous" size bunnies that took over an entire city! I know most people think they are cute and cuddly but not me. So the Easter Bunny and I never got on very well. To this day, every bunny I see, real or fake, I think of that awful movie! To make it worse, it has invaded into one of the most holy of holidays for me which is Easter. So to say the least, I associated Easter with new beginnings, and the new life we have in Christ due to his resurrection during this time of the year. Thank you Lord, for dying on the cross for us! He is Risen, indeed!
So as you will see from the pictures below, the Easter Bunny is nowhere to be found because it's all about The Lamb. Also, I've been skimming some blogs regarding cupcakes since I'm already looking for some ideas for Caris' first b-day party. I know, her birthday is in Aug. but these dates have a way of creeping up on you. So I got inspired from looking at some blogs and created some Easter treats using the whole Spring theme. Keep the inspiration coming!

Nest Bundt Cake

These were edible "grass"

Gotta have the M&M's eggs.

Individual Peep cupcakes



Caris drooling over these cupcakes

Next year Baby, you can actually eat one.

Check out her smirk.

Excited about egg coloring

Of course we have to taste everything


Lamb Easter basket.

Since she is curious about the cell phone I thought I would get one of her own.

License to drool with the car keys.


Egg coloring, hummmm...






Work it Girl!

We normally don't wear our bathing suit in the tub but Daddy says "noooo naked pics of Baby!"
Reading The Easter Story Book from Granny.

Lammy is bigger than her!






2 comments:
Will definitely pray for your dear friend!
Love all the Easter pics. Those nests are awesome! Beautiful and so cute! I also love the lamb idea and miss thang in her cute pink outfit. She is precious! Can't wait to see her!
Miss yall!!
Oh my goodness, Caris is so beautiful! I love all the pictures and you are just so creative! I wish some of that creativity would rub off on me! :)
Post a Comment