My dear hubby took it upon himself a major undertaking by painting three interior roms of our new house. But he really did enjoyed it and did a wonderful job! We discovered our new favorite paint was the Behr Premium Plus Ultra with paint and primer in one. If anyone needs recommendation on a paint to try, this is it! Hubby said we could of gotten away with one coat because it was that good! I also must give a shout out to Home Depot because in the process we changed our minds regarding the finish of one of the colors (we actually wanted an eggshell finish but originally asked for flat finish instead) after they mixed two gallons of paint for us BUT they didn't give us any hassle and let us returned it when it was obviously our mistake! You live and you learn...
Our new paint love
Thank goodness for samples!
I must of stared at this sample swatch of red paint forever before deciding!

Oh, how I love this man for getting the job done!

Breakfast area and kitchen

I finally decided on Red Pepper for the kitchen. Word on the street is the color Red means "increase appetite"...appropriate for the kitchen! The original color was kind of dark red so the paint department lightened the color 50% for us. Didn't know they could??? The magic of paint mixing I tell ya...
Discovering Khaki in the Dining Room
Truly my favorite paint job was in Caris' bedroom! I wanted a little more than a pink room so we did one accent wall of stripes. The fantastic part was it was all one color but we did alternating stripes of the same color in semi- gloss in 75% lighter shade and voila! I didn't do such a good job in taking this pic. It really looks better in person.





No comments:
Post a Comment