For some reason I did not take many pics of the traditional Thanksgiving meal this year. We ended up going to my aunt and uncle's house in Spring. There were lots of people there but I was busy visiting with some of my cousins that I only see once a year that I forgot to take some pics...but here are some fun we had celebrating Thanksgiving. To be honest, I feel bad that Thanksgiving gets squeezed out between all the commercialism of Halloween and Christmas. I'm just thankful that there is a day set aside to remind us what God has done for us this past year. Believe it or not, I know of two families that have lost their loved ones around Thanksgiving this year due to illnesses. It can't be easy since this time of the year is built around family and friends who you hold close to your heart. My heart aches for them and pray God will continue to comfort them as only He knows how. So this year, I'm most thankful for my family's health. I pray that I won't take that for granted ever!
We made a Thanksgiving Tree for Caris
Her little project in Sunday school.
This year, we as in the three of us at home, tried something different so here is our fat little buddy!
Chicken with crawfish stuffing, Cajun style!
My aunt and uncle prepared Fried Turkey along with some other Vietnamese dishes. Only at a Vietnamese get together do you find organized take home trays...The white stuff you see are Vietnamese Spring Rolls. Not traditional but that's how we roll(haha!) at a Vietnamese Thanksgiving!
They had a inflatable bouncer slide for the kiddos so here hubby is wondering if Caris would like to give it a whirl...
Here she is sliding down in her dress and all






No comments:
Post a Comment