Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

Warning...major Easter pics in this post! I did take a lot of pics I realize but oh well! I'm glad that Caris is getting to understand a little more each year about different traditions of holidays that we want to instill in her.

I've been so happy with her Sunday school nursery class because our Children's Ministry is using John Piper's Children Desiring God Curriculum. All I can say is she loves all the Sunday school songs and she even understands that God, Jesus, and the Lord are the same! They don't water down the lessons but really teach principles that the children can grasp. I'm actually teaching once a month in there so I get to experience it with them. As a teacher, it's a blessing to know that she's getting biblical truths even at her age. So on Palm Sunday, they ordered actual palm leaves for the children to do their lessons and of course they opened the church service by marching in the sanctuary fanning them.

Practicing her "Hosanna!"
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!

I found these Resurrection Eggs online and thought it would go well with reading the Easter Story.
Color coded for each symbol


I love all these symbols inside the eggs to go along with the story!

She loved it too!


Hosanna! I truly hope that she will understand a little more each year the true meaning of Easter. He is Risen!

Easter party playgroup


Already sneaking out the window!

Loves the piano
While we waited for the eggs to dye, I snagged these pics and for once she posed without much prodding.


Bright dye


Coloring eggs


Looking a little overwhelmed!



I have to brag about these roses. I got them at HEB for $7.99/dz. They bloomed beautifully! Hubby said he has been getting flowers for me at the wrong place!


Our Easter lunch: egg rolls, grilled buffalo burger & chicken. We are so not the traditional bunch when it comes to meals. It's always a smorgasbord!






Look familiar? Since I practiced already, it took me 10 minutes to put this arrangement together!

My obsession with Peeps continues...
Tweet! Tweet!


I can't my picky eater ate corn on the cob for the first time!
Lammy basket with some goodies






After lunch we decided to head out to the front of the subdivision to take some family photos.

It was a windy day so how lovely my mommy & daughter pic turned out, not to mention the tongue wagging!

She was thinking...are you people mad, pix in this wind!
Hush child, just pose please!
Ok, we'll just say this will have to pass as a smile!
Hmm...take 1

take 2
Take 3...Happy Easter!

1 comment:

shannonmichaelis said...

We did resurrection eggs as well. Looks like lots of fun stuff!