I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone! This year is rapidly going by and I'm sure the next post will be Christmas already! It always seems so trite to say how many things I am thankful for when it comes to this time of the year so I'm trying to cultivate an attitude of gratefulness every day instead of just on a particular day. But on this day I'm especially thankful for the Baker side of the family. I'm grateful that we get to spend another Thanksgiving with Patrick's grandmother, Jessie. I'm so glad that Caris has her in her life because what a legacy she will be leaving. She grew up on a farm amongst 13 siblings so you know she is tenacious and hardworking. She will be 91 years old in January and is still going strong and mentally and physically. If you talk to her she will contribute it to taking Lecithin on a daily basis. I might have to look into that very soon indeed! We love you Grandma Jessie and so very thankful for you!

This pic is too sweet for words...Caris holding her hands on their way to the Koi Pond

We always love coming out to this quiet and peaceful corner of Magnolia!

School of Koi and goldfish


The Bakers sure love their dogs with Legacy(Grandma Kitty's) , the Bakers' Golden Retrievers Daisy and Ginger...even they were hungry for some Turkey!

Working up her appetite going up and down the hill most of the time we were there!

The table is set

Food spread...Uncle Gary, in addition to making the Fried Turkey, made fried mushrooms and fried cauliflower....That's how we roll here in the South!

My two turkeys

Dessert corner

Great Grandma Jessie, Caris & Daddy


Grandma Kitty with Caris

Stuffing herself with chips, what else?

My other Turkey!

Master Chef, Uncle Gary-doesn't hubby resemble him?

Grandma Kitty

All the cooks hanging out on the back porch




Then it was Smores Time!

That's my girl! Chocolate is your friend!


Like father, like daughter!


Us in front of the mini bonfire

Aunt Sharon & Cousin Lesley ready for some!


I think Lesley dreamt up this idea since the Bonfire tradition was no longer there when she was an Aggie! :)


This was our take home plate...tastes even better the day after!

Turkey coma...she refused to take a nap that day and ended up napping for 4 hours the day after, I kid you not!

Making Pumpkin muffins


Thankful Wreath from MDO


We have so much to be thankful for! But when I think of gratefulness I cannot do so without thinking about the One that I am most thankful for...without Jesus I am nothing! "Give thanks in all circumstances, this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18






No comments:
Post a Comment