I've come out of the winter hibernation and am just now posting our family Christmas pictures! No good reason really...January just seemed like a sluggish time and maybe I did need some recuperating from the holidays. Glad that 2011 is here and we look forward to what God has in store for the Flanakins this coming year!
Our newest Christmas decoration
Hmmm...notice the frosting testing trend here!
I see cake decorating class in the future

Dressed for Christmas Candle Light Service on Christmas Eve
With her church buddy, Kate
Our Christmas meal with hubby's side of the family was the 3rd party we hosted at our house in the month of December! Not sure if we can repeat this again BUT the recycled decorations did come in handy!
This year we also decided amongst the adults that instead of spending money on each other on things hat we probably didn't need we would help out a family in need through Patrick's Uncle, Gary. Uncle Gary volunteered with Habitat Humanity and has contact with his connections about these families periodically. This particular family had 3 children, one being a 6 months old that didn't have a crib so I was able rally some of my mommy friends to make some donations. We have a picture of them but because I do not have their permission, I din't want to post it on here. These are the kind of examples we want to model for Caris. Even though she received some gifts, we want her know it's not always about presents but the spirit of Christmas is to serve others the way Jesus did. Immanuel, God with us, the true meaning of Christmas!
This year we also decided amongst the adults that instead of spending money on each other on things hat we probably didn't need we would help out a family in need through Patrick's Uncle, Gary. Uncle Gary volunteered with Habitat Humanity and has contact with his connections about these families periodically. This particular family had 3 children, one being a 6 months old that didn't have a crib so I was able rally some of my mommy friends to make some donations. We have a picture of them but because I do not have their permission, I din't want to post it on here. These are the kind of examples we want to model for Caris. Even though she received some gifts, we want her know it's not always about presents but the spirit of Christmas is to serve others the way Jesus did. Immanuel, God with us, the true meaning of Christmas!
From Hebert, highly recommended!
The Bakers and Flanakins
Opening gifts, she didn't have to explain, she was on the Nice List!
She is mesmerized by two things these days: Dora and Veggie Tales DVDs.
Helping with the chocolate & sprinkled covered pretzels the day before
Christmas treats
Aunt Sharon made the most creative Cherry Pie, so fun & festive!
Caramel Popcorn
I call this the Pappa-razzi pic
Family pic, don't mind the Little Grumpster in the front.





























No comments:
Post a Comment