This weekend I went to a baby shower for my friend Priscilla. She and I met at First Baptist years ago. I will always remembered her as being the one that introduced me to Bubble Tea. If you don't know what that is...you are missing out! This was a rage that originated in Taiwan where you can get smoothie like beverages of any flavor...be it fruit, coffee, or tea with tapioca on the bottom. Sounds different but worth a try! We also bonded in '05 when she was running in the Houston Half Marathon and I was running the 5K and in '07 we both ran the Houston Full Marathon! Great memories with this sweet Mommy To Be. We had somewhat lost touch for a couple of years. It doesn't help when I live on the other end of town. But we recently reconnected again when she told me she was pregnant. She had some questions about being a first time Mom in your late thirties when you enter the "high risk" zone. Having been there, I was able to reassure her that our children belong to God first and they are ultimately His children. I find myself championing for these Moms because God says "...God of all comfort who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God" -(2 Cor 1:4) I love this verse because I know that God doesn't just bring you to the other side without wanting you to use your experiences to minister to others. Now that I'm a Mommy I love welcoming other babies into the world! The theme was "Tickled Pink" but she is not revealing her baby girl's name until the baby is here. I guess that puts a spin on the surprise element. Can't wait to meet Baby Goodwin!

The food spread- Monkey Bread was a fave that I hadn't had in a while.

The Hostess had linen napkins...I was so paranoid about getting my lipstick on it!

Check out these fab petit fours.

If you look really close...you can see the pink booties on top!

Oooh...Baby Goodwin got something shiny.

This was a great hit (hehe) with everyone...a lullaby CD by none other than U2 titled "Rockabye Baby"

Of course the "I love Grandma" outfit from who else but Grandma Goodwin.

Priscilla was formerly a newscaster on a local TV station in town so here she is with her reporter buds. Recognize any of them?

My theory that pregnancies come in groups is becoming true all the more. They are standing in the order that they are due from right to left.

Pris and her husband are actually looking at houses on the North side, yea!!!...looking forward to future playdates!

Pink Lemonade packets as parting treats. Too cute!

Pris and all the hostesses.






No comments:
Post a Comment