Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hanging out with friends

In early December the Junods arrived back in Houston for their Christmas break. It was not very welcoming since their luggage hadn't arrived from the day before. And poor Barrett got a bruiser on his forehead. That comes with the territory with having boys I'm sure...They have only been gone for 2 months and already the boys are so grown! The ironic thing is our new neighbors who moved into their house next door to us are also Baylor Bears! We saw their BU emblem on their cars and knew Nick and Wendi would approved. They're a young newly wed couple just starting out in their first house just like the Junods were when they first moved in. My husband said it's like nothing has changed. It was so good to catch up with the Junods. Wendi and I have been emailing but it's not quite the same as hugging their necks in person...such a super sweet family!
With the Junods
My friend Kristie and I got together recently to have sushi at Shogun. So glad I have a sushi buddy in her! Not too many people like sushi. Either they love or hate it. Kristie is another sweet friend from my single days at First Baptist. We shared the love for adventure and travel pre husband and baby days and have taken a few trips together to Cozumel and Dominican Republic...I met up with her and cutie baby Emma. Kristie was so sweet to give me advice about starting Caris on solids since Emma is 5 months ahead of Caris. I had to leave Caris at home since she was taking a nap and Daddy was home from Christmas vacation so it worked out.
Emma chomping down on table food

Another one of my dear friend is Jenness. We taught in two different school districts together and have kept in touch over the years. She has such a gentle and kind spirit about her. I call her my Martha Stewart friend because she is such a great cook but her presentation of food is so elegant! We met up at Panera Bread since she hadn't met Caris yet. Thank you Jenness for being such a loyal and supportive friend!


No comments: