Friday, October 9, 2009

Patrick's B-Day Weekend

For hubby's birthday this year I asked him what he wanted to do and he said to do absolutely nothing!  After this past summer of getting our house ready to be sold, moving to a temporary apartment, and getting our new house built,  I totally understand!!  I've always had a love for bed and breakfast so that's what we did.  While Caris stayed with my parents we were able to steal away for a weekend.  First time to be away from sweet baby girl and it was a mix bag of enjoying alone time with hubby and missing her at the same time.  But we all survived I think.  As it turned out this was the same weekend that there was the Fall Round Top Antique Fair going on at the same time.  Thankfully for us we were able to get a room at this B & B.  I do not know much about antiques but I do recognize pretty stuff when I see it.  And this place sure was filled with pretty things!

B & B in Burton, TX just outside of Brenham

The inkeeper also owned an antique store on location so the whole place was decked out with fine antiques.
Quaint porch


Loved all the details on the buffet table and who wouldn't want to wake up to this breakfast?

I collect tea cups and got this one at an antique place.
Our room was called "Paris Apartment"
Hubby checking out his iPod b-day present
This pose was for Caris (notice the pointing finger)
Some may wonder if hubby minded the pink room - who cares when you have a comfortable bed and someone is cooking your breakfast?

Hanging over the tub

I am a sucker for this since our old house never had one...
Decorative night stands


More antique furniture





The original owner's son brought this stairwell over from Europe...what?
Steve and Carmen - the current inkeepers
All the guests - they all came for the antique show that weekend.

Before Mommy & Daddy left for the weekend, we celebrated with Daddy at his favorite Mexican Restaurant.

Below is my fave pic since she is smiling sweetly at the camera, a rarity these days! 
I'm still ONE year old!


So hubby's fave chef from Food Network is Barefoot Contessa.  His request for his b-day dessert was any of her homemade recipes...yes, from scratch!  Either I was crazy or I love this man to go through the effort.  So here is her Butter Cream Double Chocolate Cake.   She said in her own words, "this is the most fabulous cake I've ever made".  Well, if it's fab for her then I had to try it out.  Just be warned that the frosting consisted of 2 sticks of butter!  Dr. Oz would not approve!!!

He just saw a peek of his present!
Holding on to his thirties and his new nano iPod.
Enjoy while you can Honey...because not sure I can repeat that recipe again!

1 comment:

shannonmichaelis said...

wow that's what i call a post! happy birthday to pat! fun bed and breakfast that you guys went to - those are so relaxing!