Monday, August 17, 2009

Lunch and Playdates

This summer has been filled with hanging out with my teacher friends and mommy friends and their kiddos.  I love catching up with all my teacher peeps...but do I miss teaching, NOT AT ALL!  It's also nice to share with other mommy friends about the hardest job in the world, being a stay at home mom!
Misty and I met in Sunday school when we were both single.  She happens to live in the same area so we got together this summer for a playdate.  Her son, Jake, is such a cutie!

Jake and Caris forming their own band

Our Friday playdate.  I have been blessed to still keep in touch with these three moms from my old church at Grace Bible.  Youngjoo Gibbs is always so gracious in fixing lunch for us every time.  We insist on potluck but she refuses and is always so hospitable...her poor hubs is left to fend for himself each time we get together since he usually goes home for lunch.
Jennifer with Amelia; Youngjoo with Haana, Andrew & Eric; Stacey with Bethany & John and Caris and I.  Four out of the 7 kids have August birthdays!
The older crowd of kids-Amelia, Andrew, Haana and Bethany
I taught elementary school with Lorena many moons ago and it's always fun to catch up with her.  Praying for this special friend as they have been on a long journey to start a family.

I taught middle school with my dear friend Jenness and she is such a beautiful lady inside and out.  She is one of these unique teachers who makes every student feel so special.  Her classroom is always decked out and I mean it makes any teacher feel as an under achiever! And such a great cook too!
Nice...the pic says it all, don't you think!

Kristin and I met in Sunday school years ago and have lost touch over the years bur recently have reconnected on Facebook.  She since has a little girl about Caris' age so it was so nice for them to meet.
Caris and Ashlynn-sharing some Cheerios. 

Who can forget The Junods minus Nick.  Wendi and her Bees were home this summer from Qatar and so sweet to see them even if only for a little while. 

No comments: